Here at Tierra Hotels sustainability is a strong factor in all our decisión making. For this reason we are supporting Reforest Patagonia, an unprecedented citizen campaign that aims to plant 1,000,000 trees in Chilean Patagonia. Tierra Patagonia has made a substantial donation to help in the efforts to reforest Patagonia on behalf of our guests.
This public-private initiative nonprofit project is being supported by Conaf (Chilean forest administration), Chile´s Tourism Board the Subsecretaría de Turismo, Patagonia Sur, a private company which is responsible for logistics and coordination of reforestation crews as well as Fundación Imagen de Chile, a foundation responsible for promoting Chile´s image.
The main objective of this campaign is for citizens worldwide to contribute 1,000,000 native trees (lengas, ñirres and coigües) to be planted in four national parks and reserves in Chilean Patagonia.
If you would like to stay informed of what we are doing, you can do so through the following accounts:
You can also find out more through the official Reforest Patagonia accounts:
How can you help support this project?
If you would like to support this campaign together with Tierra Patagonia, you can find more information here.
Tierra Hotels is committed to environmental protection and sustainability as we recognize our presence generates an impact on the surrounding environment.
With our environmental policy, we intend to create a difference by adopting sustainable decision making and operations whilst still delivering an excellent product and experience. By placing focus on sustainability, our aim is to mitigate our impact on the environment, support the community and provide a better experience for our guests.
We will strive to minimize our property's operational impact on the environment through resource conservation and best practices.
In delivering this commitment we will endeavor to:
- Consider our environmental impact in all aspects of decision-making
- Review our environmental objectives on a periodic basis
- Consider the opinions and feedback of our guests when examining our environmental programs and procedures
- Identify areas for improvement and innovation
- Work diligently to minimize our waste and conserve natural resources through energy and water conservation strategies
- Comply with as much (applicable) environmental legislation as possible and strive to always follow best environmental practices
- Build partnerships with local communities to share our message, raise awareness and create positive environmental change
- Employ best techniques and procedures for measuring and controlling emissions, discharges and wastes
- Monitor, record and analyze environmental data on a frequent basis
- Establish procedures to ensure all that employees have relevant environmental training with knowledge & understanding of our policies to assist in complying with all applicable environmental laws and regulations
- Encourage guests to be environmentally conscious by providing information on hotel sustainable practices
We openly welcome feedback and comments that will assist in our ongoing commitment to our environmental objectives and sustainable tourism.